Monday, August 17, 2015

The Fourth and Fifth Dimensions of 1973's Simplicity 6082

I revisited one of my favorite patterns (I sewed three versions in 2010) this  past May and just recently on August 16, 2015.  It originally came out in 1973.

 Simplicity 6082, 1973



 I finished the necklines of both using a method similar to a "wrapped binding" method detailed in this blog entry I sewed the strip cut from the same fabric (right side of strip to the "wrong" side of the neckline or from the inside of the garment), turned to the outside and topstitched close to the edge. 



Fabric used
Fifth version (blue/gold): rayon jersey from EOS.  


I have had this in my stash for some time.  I was not too certain about the print.
Rayon Jersey

After fiddling with print placement, cutting and stitching, here is the result:

The Fifth Dimension

This photo was taken after the students left campus and after a one-hour meeting on "pro-hour" Monday. I enjoyed wearing it to work today.  It was truly comfortable and suitable for the hot weather we have been experiencing in San Diego, California. 


Fourth version (zig zag): ITY jersey from fashionfabricsclub,com (I apologize for not having a "full length" photo).

Ziggy Zaggy


The neckband, especially with the placement of the print surpassed my expectations!  I was able to have the front and back to look identical as intended.  I was not able to cut the sleeves to look "symmetric".  But, I am satisfied with the overall look.
The Fifth Dimensions


Earlier blog post of my previous tops from the same pattern:

http://groovy60ssewing.blogspot.com/2010/03/cult-of-fleur-sonality-pattern.html

No comments: