I made the view on the right! Heather wanted to be part of the fashion scene!
The upward gaze!
Pattern Description:
"Misses' Blouses: Blouses, gathered into neckbands have raglan sleeves; long sleeves A, or bracelet length B, C hae elastic in lower casings. Pullover blouse A has V- neckline and drawstring in lower casing. Pullover blouse B has round neckline, pleat below part-way buttoned front. Buttoned blosue C has square neckline. I made view C.
Pattern Sizing:
Size 12, bust 34.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, except my blouse seemed to be a billowy tunic!
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes. I liked that the instructions were separated by the particular views and that there was no overlap of instructions among the views. All the views have three distinctive necklines: "V", rounded, and square.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the square collarband and the roomy sleeves elasticized at the wrists. The raglan sleeves were a breeze to attach.
I did not anticipate the blouse to appear more like a roomy tunic instead of a shirt with a somewhat fitted silhouette as pictured on the envelope. The pictures on the envelope were misleading! But maybe view C was meant to be tucked in as illustrated.
The gathering part is tricky! I gathered each section from one point to another (front, sleeves, back) so that the gathering is sectional instead of whole (from one front end of the blouse to the other front end). When attaching the collar, I made sure that I lined up the notches, squares, and circles.
Fabric Used:
Sheer polyester from Joann's clearance section.
Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
I skipped interfacing the front edges of the blouse because I was working with a sheer.
I omitted the second topstitching the neckband.
I took in another 3/4" at the side seams. I could use a belt to pull the look of the top together.
I slightly changed the placement of the buttons/buttonholes.
I decided to tie the front ends of the blouse, make a big knot and tuck it under. Then I folded the rest of the bottom edge of the blouse to create a "blouson" style. It seemed more wearable and fashionable this way.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I will not sew this pattern again. I am fine for just one of these tops!
Conclusion
I find the neckline flattering and I like the gathered front. There are current patterns that reincarnated such styling.
I wore this top recently. One of my students screamed, "I like your top!!!!!!" I did not expect her reaction - she's usually quiet! But it's nice to receive pleasant surprises, especially those that are so unexpected!
The blouse would also be great for a beach cover up or loungewear if worn unbuttoned or untucked.
No comments:
Post a Comment